In this second part of the interview with Gary (check here for part 1), we speak about the building blocks of leadership without authority from a statistician’s perspective. We cover questions like:
- Is influence the same as power?
- What is the role of trust, what are the different elements of trust and how can we improve trust being technical experts?
- How can we build relationships at work, that help us to influence change?
- Is influence through relationships only relevant “sideways” or also “upwards” and “downwards”?
- How do we know, with whom we need to invest in building relationships?
- Is there a way of assessing how good our relationships are?
We don’t stay general and speak about specific examples, including negotiations.
After listening to this episode, you will have a solid understanding of the levers of success, that is not associated with technical knowledge.
Share this with your friends and colleagues who might learn from it!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!