Interview with Rachel Phillips and Mark Baillie
- Do you
effectivelycommunicate complex data?
- How can visualization help you when you aree
- analyzing data?
- reporting data?
- What initiatives and groups work on this topic and will help you?
In today’s episode, we talk about the advantages of using visualizations when analyzing and communicating data. We also discuss the following points:
- How our organizations prioritize visualizations?
- What we love about visualizations?
- What are the principles of visualization statisticians should know about?
- How to create interesting, innovative, and purposeful visualizations?
Listen to this episode to learn more on visualizations and share this with others who might learn from it!
About Mark Baillie
Advanced Methodology and Data Science, Clinical Development and Analytics. Novartis Pharma AG
Mark is a methodologist supporting the clinical development and analytics department at Novartis. He has a focus on data visualization working on a number of internal and external initiatives to improve the reporting of clinical trials and observational studies.
About Rachel Phillips
- Visualization special interest group (VIS SIG)
- Wonderful Wednesday announcement and link to registration
- Google team
- Google tutorial
Datastori . esepisode on visualization of uncertainty
- Github D3 gallery
- Novartis visualization initiative and cheat-sheet
- Stratos initiative
- data visualization society
- Fundamentals of Data Visualization – online book
- Data Visualization – A practical introduction – online book
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!