Interview with Stuart McGuire
Do you sometimes feel that you disrupt your own happiness and success?
Are you overworked to make sense of yourself?
Do your emotions often control you?
Stuart and I got a recommendation to read a book entitled “The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management”. This book is an incredibly powerful mind management model that can help you become a happy, confident, healthier, and more successful person.
Join us in this episode while we discuss these interesting points:
- Author Prof Steve Peters
- Psychiatrist working on performance and function of brains
- Helps business but also sports like FC Liverpool
- Chimp vs human
- How this compares to Kahneman: thinking fast and slow
- And then there is the computer and the goblins within it, how to learn about finding these goblins (false beliefs).
- Manage you inner chimp and how the question “Do you want to behave/feel this way?” helps you.
- Keep focusing on solutions “What’s in your boat?”
- Celebrate your wins
Chief Business Officer
Stuart leads the development of the business at Veramed as it evolves its position as the pharmaceutical industry’s preferred statistics and programming CRO partner.
Stuart has over 20 years of Pharmaceutical experience having first started work in anti-malaria research which took him to Moshi, Tanzania. He then moved to the Clinical Research Organisation Chiltern (latterly Covance) where he took on Business Development, Leadership and Alliance Partnership roles delivering significant growth over 19 years. Stuart has a wide platform of relationships in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, covering Europe, North America, and Japan.
Stuart holds a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Surrey (1999) and recently received his level III wine diploma from the Wines and Spirits Education Trust.
Listen to this episode now and share it with your friends and colleagues!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!