What is a good or bad strategy?
What is the difference between strategy and goals?
Has strategy something to do with vision or long-term thinking?
Strategy is a buzz word that is all around. Everybody talks about it but I didn’t know what it is for a very long time. I recently read a nice book about this and in this episode, you’ll gain knowledge about what I have learned from this book.
What is a strategy?
- Diagnosis of the problem “What is going on here?”
- Strategic pillars – guiding policy
- Tactical plan of coherent actions
But there is a lot of bad strategy around:
- Fluff – just lots of buzz words
- Failure to face or define the challenge
- Mistake goals for strategy
- Bad strategic objectives in a sense of not addressing critical issues or are impracticable
Listen to this episode and share this with your friends and colleagues!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!