Have you been sitting through boring presentations?
Have you felt that the presenter lost the audience in seconds?
Have you found yourself after a presentation thinking – so what?
When you are presenting, you don’t want the audience to feel this way. But how can you deliver a knock-out presentation and wow the audience?
In today’s episode, Benjamin and I discuss 14 presentation tips that really work. We speak about:
- Be clear on your goals
- Have a strong start
- Start with a story, conclusions, then introduce yourself
- Enter the room or stage with confidence
- Speak to Ethos, Pathos and Logos
- Establish a powerful position
- Make eye contact
- Never lean back when sitting – better stand up
- Dress appropriately
- Avoid anything distracting
- Appear confidently
- Position your camera well
- Use pauses intentionally
- Variation of the voice
- Loud and soft
- Use wide gestures to increase your word choices
- Using visuals effectively
- They support the presenter, not vice versa
- No complete sentence s
- Few words
- Rarely tables
- Use bullet points sparingly
- Less is more
- Have a powerful end.
- Story and conclusions and call to action
Listen to this episode and present like a pro!
Share this with your friend and colleagues!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!