Batch processing and scheduling tasks to fight procrastination
Do you know how to make a good to-do list?
Do you know how to set priorities versus the time it takes?
Do you have a problem with over-committing?
One of the most effective skills you can have in life is effective time management. According to Michael Hyatt: “What gets scheduled gets done. ” If you’re not managing your time well, there’s no way you’re going to reach your goals at work and the life outside of it.
Marc Zao-Sanders mentions time boxing as the number 1 tool for productivity among 100 tips.
In today’s episode, we discuss time boxing and batch processing. We also discuss how these following points work:
- Schedule your tasks in your calendar
- Meetings with yourself
- Combination of smaller tasks
- Using chunks of 15 minutes effectively
Learn about the benefits of:
- Allocating the right task with the right duration at the in the right time (e.g. emails after lunch and hard cognitive SAP writing in the morning)
- Saving space for the important work but also for the necessary tasks like emails and some SOP trainings
- Avoiding over-committing
- Relieving your stress levels by having a good way of saying no
- Better planning on when things will get done in reality.
Listen to this episode and become an effective statistician!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!