Are you looking for a promotion or higher salary?
What are the processes to grant these kind of requests?
Can you ask for this right away or is there a specific timing?
When I started my career, I had no clue about this topic so I made a lot of mistakes and learned it the hard way.
The right approach to this depends on number of things. One is considering the size of your company. If you are in a small company, the chance of directly negotiating with the owner of a CRO is bigger than the big companies. While in bigger companies, you need to undergo a certain process in the HR department.
Today, I’ll be sharing with you my learnings on how to ask for more money or for a promotion. Here are some important points:
- Know the process
- Understand your market value
- Know your unique contribution
- Overdeliver expectations and add value
- Observe what others do that you can’t do – fill in the gaps
- Right timing
- Never bring in your personal situation
- Be unprepare to be challenged
- Don’t ask for something the company doesn’t provide or allow
Good luck with your promotion!
Share this episode with your friends and colleagues who might learn from this!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!