Interview with Björn Bornkamp and Kaspar Rufibach
Principal stratification used to play a role only in observational research but at least since the addendum of the ICH E9 guideline, this approach to causal inference became a hot topic.
In this episode, I talk with 2 experts from Novartis and Roche. We cover the following questions:
- What is Principal Stratification?
- How would you describe principal stratification to a non-statistician?
- Where do you see the benefits of this estimand compared to the other typical strategies?
- Which critique points do are usually raised against this approach?
- How do you implement/calculate corresponding estimates for this estimand?
- What references would you recommend for further reading?
Björn and Kaspar recommend the following very useful references:[Read more…] about A deep dive into principal stratification and causal inference