What are the 5 levels of statistician leadership?
How you can develop your leadership skills over time?
Leadership is multidimensional. It depends on lots of different skills like communication, being a good team player, building trust and relationship, negotiating conflicts, and more. The kind of leadership that I am talking about is not supervising other people or the administrative type of leadership, but it’s a type of cross functional influencing where you lead others that don’t necessarily report to you.
To simplify it, we have developed these 5 levels of statistical leadership:
- Implementer – I do what you tell me
- Analyser – Tell me what you want to analyse and I will suggest analysis and implement them
- Consultant – I understand your problem and I advise you what the team should do
- Leader – I understand your problem and I convince you what we should do
- Entrepreneur – I deeply understand the business and I foresee the changes in the business. I build an environment in which statistical leaders grow.
Listen to this insightful episode and share this with your friends and colleagues who might learn from it!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!