Is it possible to align business focus and self development at the same time?
How can we create clear department or company goals or relate these to our goals?
In this episode, Benjamin talk about how to make business focus and self development work together. We also provide you numerous tips on how to make it work.
Here are some specific tips:
- How you can align both
- Be aware about your own long term goals
- Don’t think in specific positions
- Think what you want to do
- What do you need to improve?
- Think about your strength first
- What are you passionate about?
- What are the needs on the level you want to get to?
- Know your rate limiting weaknesses
- Be clear about your company and department goals? Your supervisors goals!
- How do your ambition fit?
- What are your personal company goals?
- Can you get on the right project?
- What is possible?
- Have a discussion with your supervisor and your mentor
- Speak about the win for the supervisor and the department.
- What initiatives or specific projects could you become involved in?
- What opportunities exist outside of your company?
- Does it make sense to work in professional associations like PSI or ASA and bring knowledge back?
Listen to this episode and share this with others who might learn from it!
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join hundreds of your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!