A Day in the Life of a Statistician…
Statistics isn’t traditionally known to be a trendy subject, but data and data analytics is fast becoming a main driving force around the world for many industries and organizations. In the pharmaceutical industry, the visibility of statisticians is increasing and we are highly influential in the decision-making process.
Now that’s a lot of power we hold, so let’s put it to good use!
What’s covered in Episode 2?
- Why statistics is needed to produce revolutionary new medicines – yes, really!
- Will I be at a desk all day, on my own, in a windowless room?
- What’s a typical day? Excite me…
- Learning about the medical side of things.
- Not just a stats nerd – the other skills that are VERY important.
- Different types of companies that exist in medical research.
[Featured in this interview: Alexander Schacht, Amanda Darekar, Amy Phillips-Jones, Jessica Kendall and Rhian Jacob]
Go ahead, listen to this episode now!
Learn more about PSI CALC by clicking here!
Click here to go to the PSI CALC Podcast Series Homepage!
In case you missed the previous episode you can find it here!
This podcast series is in association with the PSI CALC committee, who are responsible for promoting careers in medical statistics.
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!
Get the shownotes of our podcast episodes plus tips and tricks to increase your impact at work to boost your career!