- Do you want to improve your data visualization skills?
- Do you want to learn by interactively applying techniques?
- Are you interested in learning visualization design and principles?
This free training will be for you. We have 100 slots for this onetime event on
December 17th, 2020 at 2pm CET!
This training is booked out. If you are interested in future trainings and updates, please subscribe here!
Use Chrome or a similar modern browser to register as the Internet Explorer doesn’t support our systems!
During this 2 hour interactive training, you will learn about:
- The 3 most important questions, you need to answer before starting your visualization
- How to leverage various design elements and visualization principles to improve your data visualization
- Learn how to improve your visualizations very fast
This training is run together with the visualization special interest group (VIS SIG).
We’ll use zoom for this training and it will be a sequence of presentations, sketching visualizations yourself, and reflecting and discussing these visualizations.
No tools required
We’ll not use any software for this training, but the participants will sketch their visualizations with pen and paper. Please bring a collection of coloured pens (at least 3 colors), paper, and a camera.
We’re intentionally not using SAS, R or other tools to allow the participants to create a broad range of designs within a few minutes.
Small groups for discussions
As a participant, you will benefit from the interactive discussions about the sketches in small break out groups moderated by members of the visualization SIG.