Interview with Simon Cleall
Becoming a supervisor changes things dramatically at work for you. It did for me and Simon helped me by openly providing deep insights into his years of a supervisor – especially his failures and dramatic moments.
In this episode, Simon shares his ups and downs for you to learn from. Leading statisticians of course has many commonalties with any other administrative leadership position. However, it also includes some specific problems.
- If you are a new or aspiring supervisors, you will learn about the specific challenges and how to overcome or avoid them.
- If statisticians already report to you, you will get confidence and some tips on doing things differently.
- If you report to a new supervisors, you may better understand the situation your new boss is in.
Some further resources for managing people, which helped me a lot, are:
- Manager tools podcast
- This is your life podcast with Michael Hyatt
- German: Führung auf den Punkt gebracht with Bernd Geropp
- Leadership Made Easy with Bernd Geropp
- German: Leben-Führen with Olaf Kapinski
Never miss an episode of The Effective Statistician
Join your peers and subscribe to get our latest updates by email!
Get the shownotes of our podcast episodes plus tips and tricks to increase your impact at work to boost your career!