In this second part of the interview with Gary (check here for part 1), we speak about the building blocks of leadership without authority from a statistician’s perspective. We cover questions like:
- Is influence the same as power?
- What is the role of trust, what are the different elements of trust and how can we improve trust being technical experts?
- How can we build relationships at work, that help us to influence change?
- Is influence through relationships only relevant “sideways” or also “upwards” and “downwards”?
- How do we know, with whom we need to invest in building relationships?
- Is there a way of assessing how good our relationships are?